We welcome your comments at email@example.com.
A look at the headlines right now:
- TMC raises ‘military coup’ issue in Parliament, defence minister says no need for controversy: ‘It’s sad that a routine exercise has been made into a controversy now,’ said Manohar Parrikar.
- SC rejects petition to make national anthem mandatory in courts: The apex court bench reportedly said that its earlier directive to cinema halls should not be stretched.
- Telecom regulator to examine Jio’s extension of free 4G services for its customers till March 31: Meanwhile, the PMO claimed that it did not give permission to use Narendra Modi’s picture in Reliance Jio ads.
- Congress deactivates 200 Twitter accounts of its leaders after Rahul Gandhi’s handle was hacked: Police told The Times of India the server from where the hackers had logged in was in Bengaluru, while the IP address was traced to either Norway or Sweden.
- CBI was not allowed to appeal against clean chit to Hinduja brothers in connection with Bofors scam, agency tells SC: The Central Bureau of Investigation said it was not even aware whether the notice issued to them in 2005 was served.
- Vladimir Putin seeks ‘mutually beneficial’ ties with the United States: The Russian president said friendly relations between the two countries was essential for global stability.
- Cyclone Nada loses intensity, makes landfall near Nagapattinam: The storm is expected to trigger showers in Andhra Pradesh for the next two to three days.
- Acid attack victims, Parkinson’s patients will be included in amended Disabilities Bill: The proposed changes to the 1995 Act include the right to free education for children and a hike in reservations for government jobs.
- Women these days are more interested in TV serials than caring for husbands, says Goa minister: The Congress said Dayanand Mandrekar’s statement reflected the ‘khap panchayat’ mentality among ruling BJP leaders.
- Three people arrested for attempting to attack Sheila Dikshit’s daughter Latika in Delhi: An FIR has accused Latika Dikshit’s husband Syed Mohammad Imran of orchestrating the attempted assault.