A look at the headlines right now:
- RSS did not request Yogi Adityanath’s appointment as Uttar Pradesh CM, says Venkaiah Naidu: The Union minister asserted that the right-wing body never interferes or suggests any names for the post and asked the Opposition to be ‘graceful in defeat’.
- Third Test ends in draw after stiff resistance from Australia’s Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh: India’s Ravindra Jadeja finished with a match haul of 9/178 on a pitch that largely favoured the batters.
- Idea Cellular, Vodafone India confirm merger to create India’s largest telecom company: Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group Kumar Mangalam Birla will head the merged entity.
- Missing Indian clerics return to New Delhi, say Pakistan daily falsely called them ‘RAW agents’: They said they were untraceable because they were meeting devotees in the interiors of Sindh, which does not have phone connectivity.
- ED attaches Zakir Naik’s assets worth Rs 18.37 crore: The National Investigation Agency has summoned the controversial preacher again, asking him appear at its headquarters on March 30.
- Uma Bharti says ministers are entitled to delay flights, stop traffic using red beacons: The Union minister’s comments follow the Punjab government’s move to ban government vehicles from using ‘lal battis’.
- Theresa May will trigger Article 50 on March 29, formally starting Britain’s exit from EU: European Council President Donald Tusk will present the draft Brexit guidelines to the remaining 27 states of the bloc within 48 hours.
- A hotel in Jaipur was sealed after cow vigilantes alleged that it served beef: Two employees of Hotel Hayat Rabbani were arrested after ‘gau rakshaks’ claimed they found bones of cows in the leftovers dumped in the trash.
- Respecting Indus Waters Treaty in the interest of both Delhi and Islamabad, says Pakistani minister: A 10-member Indian delegation is in the neighbouring country for bilateral talks on three controversial hydropower projects.
- Norway is the happiest country on Earth, finds UN agency report: India dropped four spots to rank 122nd in the study, which said the country was among 10 others witnessing the biggest happiness decline.
© 2017 Scroll.in