Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has announced a 12 nights, 13 days package tour for Muktinath Darshan. Muktinath is a Vishnu temple, sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists. It is located in Muktinath Valley at the foot of the Thorong La mountain pass in Mustang, Nepal and is one of the world’s highest temples (3,800 m). The tour departs on 19th October 2019 and covers Naimisaranyam, Ayodhya, Muktinath, Pokhara and Kathmandu.
The Muktinath Temple is considered to be a Shakti Peetha for a yatra. Shakti Peethas are sacred abodes of Shakti (cosmic energy). It is believed the Shakti Peeth was formed by the falling body parts of the corpse of Sati Devi, when Lord Shiva carried it as he wandered. The Tibetan Buddhist tradition states that Guru Rinpoche, also known as Padmasambhava, the founder of Tibetan Buddhism, meditated at Muktinath on his way to Tibet.
The package costs are as follows:
|Class||Single (INR per person)||Double (INR per person)||Triple (INR per person)|| Child with bed (5-12 years)|
(INR per person)
| Child without bed (5-12 years)|
(INR per person)
| Child (2-5 years)|
(INR per person)
Boarding Points: Trichy, Dindigul, Erode, Salem, Whitefield, Perambur, Vijayawada,Warangal
Deboarding Points: Warangal,Vijayawada, Perambur, Jolarpettai, Whitefield, Salem, Erode, Dindigul, Trichy
The tour departs from Trichy on 19th October 2019 and arrives in Lucknow on 21st October where pilgrims shall stay overnight. The tour proceeds to Naimisharanya on 22nd October. Tourists will also be able to visit Darshan of Sri Devaraja Perumal (Divya Desam) the same evening and depart for Ayodhya. The next day pilgrims will be taken for a darshan of Sri Rama (Divya Desam) in Ayodhya and proceed towards Gorakhpur.
On 24th October, tourists shall proceed to Bhairawa and complete the customs and immigration formalities. Darshan of Gajendra Moksha Shaligram Murthi is scheduled in Nawalparashi. Pilgrims shall also visit the Gajendra Moksha Shaligram Murthi for darshan and then fly to Pokhara. The tour arrives in Muktinath on 25th October where tourists shall visit Sri Moorthy Perumal (Divya Desam) for darshan. On the 26th of October, tourists can indulge in sightseeing and visit Bindu Bashini Temple, Devi’s Fall, Mahendra Cave, World Peace Pagoda and evening boating in Phewa Lake.
On 27th October tourists will proceed to Kathmandu and take a tour of the city the following day. Sightseeing spots include Durbar Square, Pasupathinath, Budha Nilkant, Boudhnath, Jal Narayan followed by a trip to Patan and Bakthapur. On 29th October the tour departs from Kathmandu and arrives in Bhairawa to complete customs and immigration formalities. The tour arrives in Gorakhpur the same evening and proceeds for the return journey via train from there.
- Train journey by 1AC class for Deluxe journey, 2AC class for Comfort journey and 3AC for Standard journey
- Standard economy AC Rooms at Lucknow, Ayodhya and Gorakhpur for all categories (Check-in and check-out as per hotel timings)
- Non-AC Rooms at Pokhara, Kathmandu (hotels do not have lift facility)
- Night stay facility at Jomsom
- AC bus at Lucknow, Naimisaranya, Ayodhya, Gorakhpur on SIC basis
- Non-AC bus for Kathmandu and Pokhara sightseeing on SIC basis
- Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara by regular flight
- On board South Indian vegetarian catering: breakfast, lunch, evening tea with snacks and dinner
- Off board South Indian vegetarian catering: breakfast, lunch and dinner while at hotel or packed breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served on fixed menu
- Tour escort and security on train
- 1 litre water bottle x 2 per day
- Entrance Fee
- Special Darshan charges
- Camera Charges
- Items of personal nature/personal expenses i.e. laundry, medicines
- Service of Tour Guide at sightseeing places
- All the tourists should carry their original passport or voter ID
- Tourists should not carry Rs 500 and Rs 2000 currency notes
- Custom duty if any at personal cost (Nepal border crossing: no assistance from service provider, tourist should handle own immigration and custom formalities
- The Arrival/Departure timings at halt stations are tentative, and subject to Railway approval and train running as per schedule.
- In case certain halts are not approved by Railways, alternative halt arrangements will be made by IRCTC/SZ to cover such sightseeing locations. Under such circumstances announcements will be made in the train. For eg: if halt at Amritsar is not approved by Railways, an alternate halt at Jalandhar will be requested by IRCTC
- IRCTC/SZ is not liable for publicised coverage of sightseeing locations in certain cases due to exceptional circumstances beyond its control
- In case of No Show, no refund request will be entertained by IRCTC/SZ.
For cancellation of your ticket, please log in to your account, select the Tour Confirmation Number of the ticket you wish to cancel and cancel your ticket from your booked history on line. Cancellation of your Ticket is possible only on the website www.irctctourism.com, and is not possible on PRS Counters.
|No. of days before commencement of Trip||Total Deductions|
|Up to 45 days (excluding departure date)||10% of the package cost|
|Up to 44-15 days (excluding departure date)||25% of the package cost|
|Up to 14-7 days (excluding departure date)||50% of the package cost|
|Less than 7 days||100% of the package cost|
For more details, contact:
|Regional office - Chennai||Regional Office, 9th Floor, Western Wing,Moore Market Complex, Park Town, Chennai600003,Ph. No.: 044-25352987|
|Tourism Information & Madurai Office TourismInformation & South Zone Office||6A,The Rain Tree Place, No. 9 Mc Nicholas Road,Chetpet, Chennai- 600031Office: 0452-2345757Office:.- 044 - 28363453, Fax No.- 044 - 28361997|
|TIFC, Chennai||9003140680, 9003140681|