In the year 2016 I anticipate the following :
1. The people's agitations against unemployment, price rise, malnourishment, farmers' suicides, lack of healthcare, etc will intensify all over the country.
2. Parliament, and state legislatures will not function in the budget session, or in the subsequent sessions as they will be stalled. After all, Sushma Swaraj, who was then Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha, had said that disrupting proceedings in Parliament is a legitimate democratic method.
3.With rising unemployment and price, crimes will rise. Already the kidnapping and ransom industry has revived in Bihar.
4. More businesses will close down, throwing more people into unemployment. There will be a worldwide recession.
5. Chaotic conditions and turbulence will greatly increase, and things will head for a crisis.
6. In general, conditions will become more and more like the features of Kaliyug related in the Vishnu Purana and Bhagavad Purana.
In our Shastras it is mentioned that there are four yugas – Satyug, Tretayug, Dwaparyug and Kaliyug, followed by Pralaya (chaos). The features of Kaliyug, as mentioned in the Vishnu Purana, are as follows :
1) In Kaliyug the powerful will rule like tyrants over everybody.
2) In Kaliyug whatever nonsense anyone will say will be regarded as Shastras (a learned discourse).
3) In Kaliyug wives will leave husbands who are poor, and only the rich people will be the husbands of women.
4) In Kaliyug people will go only after money and not after knowledge.
5) In Kaliyug people will not help even their near and dear ones.
6) In Kaliyug many people will commit suicide (In recent years 250,000 farmers have committed suicide).
7) In Kaliyug, the kings will not protect their subjects, but instead will loot and take away their subjects property in the name of taxation.
8) In Kaliyug the weak will become slaves.
9) In Kaliyug many children will die at an early age. (Today many children in India die because of malnutrition, cold, etc).
10) In Kaliyug foolishness (Paakhand) will grow.(Today in India most people are casteist and communal, and believe in superstitions like astrology).
I have only one wish for 2016: I want to see a revolution happen. There is going to be a revolution like the French revolution in this country. Everything has collapsed in this country. All the institutions are a joke. I want to see a revolution happen.