1. There are many losers in the 2G judgment, not just the Bharatiya Janata Party, writes Pratap Bhanu Mehta in the Indian Express.
2. Rahul Gandhi, by pitching a politics of love in opposition to a politics of fear, might just have hit upon a winning narrative, writes G Sampath in the Hindu.
3. In the Economic Times, Reshmi Khurana and Probal Dasgupta list the key political events that could affect the global and the Indian economy in 2018.
4. Shail Desai writes on Kashmir’s failing cricket bat industry in the Mint on Sunday.
5. Shabnam Minwalla takes a look at Yuletide feasts in fiction for the Hindu BLInk.
6. In the Guardian, Robin McKie on how conservationists lost the battle against Japanese whale hunters in the Antarctic.
7. Today’s Bethlehem is a refugee camp in the Greek island of Lesbos, writes Stephanie Saldana in the New York Times.
8. In the New York Review of Books, Pankaj Mishra reviews Sujata Gidla’s book on the life of a Dalit family in Andhra Pradesh.
9. In Slate, April Glaser on how Eric Schmidt of Google created the internet we love and fear today.
10. Also in the Guardian, Richard Luscombe reports on a gathering of young conservatives in America to denounce political correctness.