Chennai Super Kings, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, have reached the final in the last two editions and have made it to the playoffs in every year that they have been part of the Indian Premier League.
Here are the fixtures for CSK during the 2020 season and their results:
(Scroll sideways to view all columns in the table)
CSK fixtures and results for IPL 2020
|MI vs CSK||19 Sep, Sat (1930)||Abu Dhabi||CSK won by 5 wickets||2|
|RR vs CSK||22 Sep, Tue (1930)||Sharjah||CSK lost by 16 runs||2|
|CSK vs DC||25 Sep, Fri (1930)||Dubai||CSK lost by 44 runs||2|
|CSK vs SRH||2 Oct, Fri (1930)||Dubai||CSK lost by 7 runs||2|
|KXIP vs CSK||4 Oct, Sun (1930)||Dubai||CSK won by 10 wickets||4|
|KKR vs CSK||7 Oct, Wed (1930)||Abu Dhabi||CSK lost by 10 runs||4|
|CSK vs RCB||10 Oct, Sat (1930)||Dubai||CSK lost by 37 runs||4|
|SRH vs CSK||13 Oct, Tue (1930)||Dubai||CSK won by 20 runs||6|
|DC vs CSK||17 Oct, Sat (1930)||Sharjah||CSK lost by 5 wickets||6|
|CSK vs RR||19 Oct, Mon (1930)||Abu Dhabi||CSK lost by 7 wickets||6|
|CSK vs MI||23 Oct, Fri (1930)||Sharjah||CSK lost by 10 wickets||6|
|RCB vs CSK||25 Oct, Sun (1530)||Dubai||CSK won by 8 wickets||8|
|CSK vs KKR||29 Oct, Thu (1930)||Dubai|
|CSK vs KXIP||1 Nov, Sun (1530)||Abu Dhabi|
A recap of CSK’s matches during IPL 2020:
- Chennai Super Kings got their season off to a winning start against arch-rivals Mumbai Indians, thanks to half centuries from Ambati Rayudu and Faf du Plessis. Read the report of the match here and watch highlights below:
2. Chennai Super Kings suffered their first loss of the season despite a second successive half-century from Faf du Plessis. Sanju Samson, Steve Smith and Rahul Tewatia starred for Rajasthan Royals in a 16-run win. Read the report of the match here and watch highlights below:
3. Chennai Super Kings suffered a 44-run loss to Delhi Capitals. Chasing 176 after a Prithvi Shaw half-century, CSK never got going in the chase and ended up being dominated. Read the report of the match here and watch highlights below:
4. Chennai Super Kings suffered their third straight defeat of the season. Set a target of 165 by Sunrisers Hyderabad, CSK fell short by 7 runs despite Ravindra Jadeja and MS Dhoni pushing hard at the end. They remained bottom of the table as a result. Read the match report here and watch highlights below.
Highlights videos courtesy: iplt20.com
5. The Chennai Super Kings turned in a performance worthy of the most consistent team in IPL history. MS Dhoni’s side cruised a 10-wicket win courtesy a 181-run opening stand between Shane Watson and Faf du Plessis. By the end, Kings XI Punjab were a broken bunch having clearly thrown in the towel well before the end. The win also allowed CSK to break their run of three consecutive defeats.
6. Rahul Tripathi celebrated his promotion to the top by striking a 51-ball 81 as Kolkata Knight Riders returned to winning ways with a 10-run victory over Chennai Super Kings. The story of the day, however, was how CSK choked in a close chase.
7. Chennai’s torrid run continued as they went down meekly to RCB. Set a target of 170, after another brilliant knock by Virat Kohli, CSK never got going in the chase and ended up with just 132/8 in their 20 overs. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
8. Batting first for the first time in the season, Chennai got to 167/6 thanks to major contributions from Shane Watson and Ambati Rayudu. The CSK bowlers then fired as a unit to restrict SRH to 147/8 and help the team earn a 20-run win. Read the report here and watch highlights below:
9. Faf du Plessis continued his fine form and scored a half-century to guide CSK to 179/4 in Sharjah. Delhi Capitals then rode on a first IPL century by Shikhar Dhawan, but it was Axar Patel who hit three sixes in the last over to take them over the line. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
10. Opting to bat first, the CSK innings never took off in Abu Dhabi. Thanks to Ravindra Jadeja’s 30-ball 35, the men in yellow could manage to reach a well below-par total of 125/5. Rajasthan Royals were in a spot of bother when they were reduced to 28/3 in the fifth over. But an unbeaten stand between Steve Smith and Jos Buttler ensured they got the win comfortably at the end. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
11. Asked to bat first, Chennai Super Kings suffered a sensational collapse as Trent Boult and Jasprit Bumrah ran riot with the new ball. Sam Curran made a defiant half-century but CSK could manage just a well below-par total of 114/9 in Sharjah. Mumbai Indians then rode on an unbeaten opening stand between Ishan Kishan and Quinton de Kock to complete a thumping win. Read the match report here and watch highlights below:
12. Chennai Super Kings finally displayed the much-needed intent, keeping themselves just mathematically alive with a comprehensive eight-wicket victory over Royal Challengers Bangalore in an Indian Premier League match on Sunday. Read the match report here and watch the highlights below:
Highlights videos courtesy: iplt20.com