Eggs and cheese are a great match, but in this Welsh speciality, they really come together beautifully. Enjoy with wedges of buttered toast by dipping them into the egg and melted cheese.
Plus 20 mins to prep
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups mild semi-hard cheese, grated
- Pepper, coarsely crushed
- Generously butter six ramekins.
- Add 1/4 cup of grated cheese to each buttered dish.
- Break two eggs over the cheese. Take care not to break the yolk.
- Spread remaining cheese on the surface of the ramekins.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until eggs are fairly firm and just coated over.
- Serve immediately.