My favourite hot chocolate is from a patisserie called Angelina in Paris. It is my yardstick for good hot chocolates and this one comes pretty close.
Makes 2 cups
- 150 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 125 ml milk
- 100 ml fresh cream
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, tip in the chocolate. Stir until it boils, and the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour in the milk and let boil for just a minute more before you take the pan off the flame.
- Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream to serve.