The chief executive officer and founder of a Bengaluru-based Artificial Intelligence startup was arrested on Monday in Karnataka after she allegedly killed her four-year-old son in Goa at a serviced apartment and carried his body in a bag, reported The Indian Express.

The woman, identified as 39-year-old Suchana Seth, is a resident of Karnataka’s Chitradurga district. Seth had checked into the apartment in North Goa’s Sinquerim on January 6.

The incident came to light after an employee of the housekeeping team went to clean the apartment on Monday and saw some bloodstains, reported the newspaper. The apartment management then informed the police, who reviewed footage from a closed-circuit television camera and found that Seth had left the premises without her son.

North Goa Superintendent of Police Nidhin Valsan said that Seth asked the hotel staff to arrange a taxi to Bengaluru. After she checked out, the housekeeping staff found bloodstains in the room. The police arrived at the hotel and tried to contact Seth through the taxi driver, reported ANI.

“The police inquired about the woman’s son, to which she said that the child had been staying at a friend’s place,” Valsan said. “However, the police found the address provided by the woman to be fake...The driver was asked to take the car to the police station and on checking the luggage, the police found the body of [her son].”

The staff told the police that when Seth wanted a taxi to return to Bengaluru, she was advised that taking a flight would be cheaper and more convenient, Inspector Paresh Naik of Calangute police station told The Times of India.

Following this, the police contacted the taxi driver and spoke with Seth enquiring about her son. She claimed that her son was with a friend in Fatorda suburb in the state, an unidentified police official told The Indian Express.

“Finding her answers evasive and suspicious, the police asked the driver to take the cab to the nearest police station in Karnataka,” the police official told the newspaper, adding that she was detained after the child’s body was found stuffed in a bag.