The minor girl who was allegedly molested in Jammu and Kashmir's Handwara town on Tuesday has recorded a statement before the Chief Judicial Magistrate on Saturday, in which she repeated her earlier statement that she wasn't assaulted by an Indian Army soldier, the police said in a statement. Police further said that the girl told the magistrate that she was confronted and assaulted by two boys, one of whom was in school uniform, reported PTI.

The Jammu and Kashmir High Court had asked the police to present the girl before the magistrate after the minor's mother filed a petition seeking her release from custody. The mother has said that the video statement of her daughter was recorded under duress. She has also approached the court seeking an independent probe into the incident. "We do not want police or Army, those who have done this, to inquire it," she told PTI. The girl had initially accused an army official of molesting her. Later, in a video purportedly shot by the police, she said that some locals had assaulted her.

Two more people were injured in Trehgam area of Kashmir's Kupwara district on Saturday during clashes with security personnel. Five people have been killed in the area so far since clashes broke out on Tuesday. The fifth victim is believed to be a Class XI student who succumbed to injuries sustained during police firing on Friday. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti met the families of those who have been killed in the clashes in an effort to bring the situation under control. She also met local officers to assess the situation.

Mufti assured justice to the families as she held that such incidents were "unacceptable". Restrictions on movement and mobile services continued in the valley for the fifth day. Protests were reported from various part of Kashmir on Saturday. In Barsoo area of Ganderbal district, a group of youth blocked the road and resorted to stone-pelting. They were chased away by the police later. Protestors set ablaze an abandoned police barrack in Naidkhai in Bandipora. Some protesters hurled stones at security personnel in Natipora area as well.