Former chief of The Energy and Resources Institute, Rajendra Pachauri, on Monday said the court has taken cognizance of the allegations of molestation levelled against him, but has nowhere said that there is sufficient evidence against him in the case related to accusations of sexual harassment made by a former colleague, reported ANI. He said the year-long investigation into the case has not corroborated any of the allegations made in the chargesheet.
"I have complete faith in country's justice delivery system. I have done no wrong and this shall be proved in Court of law," he said in a statement. On May 14, a Delhi court took cognizance of the 1,400 page chargesheet filed against the 75-year-old. Reports said that after a year-long investigation into the case against Pachauri, police had found more than 6,000 texts and WhatsApp messages between him and the complainant from September 2013 to February 2015, besides 34 calls he had made to her during that time. In February, another woman accused Pachauri of sexually harassing her. Pachauri had earlier sought Delhi High Court action against media houses for publishing “misleading reports with some ulterior motives”.