A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Wholesale inflation went up by 3.35% in July, the highest in nearly two years: A spike in the price of food items such as vegetables and fruits caused the escalation, experts said.
- Petrol prices cut by Re 1 per litre and diesel by Rs 2 per litre: In Delhi, a litre of petrol will now cost Rs 60.09, while the same quantity of diesel will be Rs 50.27.
- Google launches video-calling app Duo, which will compete with FaceTime and Skype: The California company said the service would be made available on both its own Android handsets as well Apple’s iOS-based iPhone.
- Larsen and Toubro bags contract to help make Nagpur a smart city: The Maharashtra government made the appointment official on Tuesday.
- New law stipulates up to seven years of rigorous imprisonment for benami transactions: Apart from the offender, a person who gives false information may also get a five-year term and a hefty fine.
- SoftBank Group Corp invests Rs 413 crore in Oyo rooms: The Oravel Stays-owned company has filed documents with the Registrar of Companies that reveal the deal was clinched on July 22.
- Transaction cost of payments through cards to be borne by the government: The move has been initiated to promote a cash-less economy.