A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Reliance Jio can only offer welcome benefits to subscribers who sign up before December 3, says Trai: The regulator told telecom operators that the Mukesh Ambani-owned company’s revised free services plan was consistent with its guidelines.
- Finance Ministry seeks information on ATM security breach, banks block over 32 lakh debit cards: The National Payments Corporation of India said 641 customers and 19 banks had complained of fraudulent withdrawals amounting to Rs 1.3 crore.
- Centre's new UDAN scheme aims to cap fares for one-hour flights at Rs 2,500: Airlines had expressed their displeasure at sharing the burden of funding the scheme after the government imposed a levy on scheduled flights on major routes.
- HCL Technologies to acquire Butler America Aerospace for $85 million: The deal is likely to be completed by December 31.
- Reliance Industries records near 23% drop in Q2 consolidated net profit: Its consolidated revenue, however, climbed 9.6% year on year to Rs 81,651 crore, on the back of good performances in the petrochemicals and refining sectors.
- Microsoft opens cyber security centre in India, wants to help cops nab cyber criminals: The Delhi branch is the tech giant's seventh such center in the world, which will function as a satellite to the company's Redmond Digital Crimes Unit.
- Biocon's net profit rises 52% to Rs 147 crore for September quarter; shares up: The gains can be attributed to the company's growth in small molecules, biologics and research services.