A look at the headlines right now:
- Lok Sabha passes amendments to taxation law with stricter rules on undisclosed wealth: Now, people can come clean on black money by paying 30% tax, 10% penalty and 33% surcharge on their unaccounted for money.
- Fitch Ratings revises India’s GDP forecast to 6.9% from 7.4% for current financial year: It stressed its stand that demonetisation was a one-off event and unlikely to have a major impact on the economy beyond ‘temporary disruptions’.
- Tax amendments pushes Sensex up by 44 points, Nifty above 8,100: Shares of automobile and industrial companies were among the top performers during intra-day trading.
- Reliance Jio alleges cartel-like behaviour by Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, moves Competition Commission: The body said it would pass a ruling if its director-general of investigation found any evidence to support the Mukesh Ambani-owned network’s claims.
- Submit details of bank transactions between November 8 and December 31, Modi tells BJP legislators: The prime minister was addressing the party’s parliamentary board on Tuesday.
- Tata Steel in UK to sell its speciality plant to Liberty House: Reportedly, Sanjeev Gupta will buy it for 100 million pounds.
- Flipkart shares marked down 38% by Morgan Stanley: The mutual funds company reduced the online retailer’s share value for the fourth time, lowering it from $84.29 to $52.13.