A look at the headlines in this sector:
- Airtel, Idea Cellular stocks recover marginally, after Trai’s refusal to reconsider its Rs 3,050 fine had led to dip: The regulatory body had said the company’s actions amounted to a violation of licence norms.
- Centre may lose power to grant ISBNs to books after complaints about bureaucratic delays, censorship: The International ISBN Agency has warned the HRD Ministry, which issues the numbers, saying the problems were reaching ‘unacceptable’ levels.
- Ben & Jerry’s won’t serve two scoops of the same flavour till Australia legalises same-sex marriage: The ice-cream company said it was time the country’s leaders stood up for fair and equal rights.
- Rocket launched into space from New Zealand for the first time: The country is being looked upon as an emerging destination for launching cheap disposable rockets to carry small satellites and other cargo.
- RBI asks candidates to apply for post of deputy governor: The apex bank wants to appoint a successor for SS Mundra, whose term ends on July 31.
- Report says information about 1.5 million students is up for sale for up to Rs 60,000: The details leaked includes personal information about the students and their exam details since 2009.
- Coal India bags increase in tax-cut provision, environmentalist worried: The Centre said it will lower the duty on domestic coal from July 1.