A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Auto stocks rise ahead of festival season, Sensex and Nifty end flat: The rupee rose after the government said it would stick to its borrowing targets for the year.
- Centre says it will maintain gross borrowing target of Rs 2.08 lakh crore for October-March: Arun Jaitley asked public sector enterprises to give “liberal dividends” to the government so that it could use the funds to improve infrastructure.
- Ikea buys online freelance labour hiring firm TaskRabbit: However, TaskRabbit will continue to operate as an independent company within the Ikea Group.
- A Russian media house spent $274,100 on ads for US audience in 2016, says Twitter: Facebook, Google and Twitter have to testify in the investigation into Moscow’s alleged interference in the 2016 American presidential election.
- EU issues guidelines asking social media firms to remove hate speech: Companies that fail to act could attract penalties.
- SpaceX wants to launch its first unmanned mission to Mars in 2022: Elon Musk said that a manned trip will be made in 2024, and also that they will build smaller rockets to make the journey cheaper.
- Automakers in China have till 2019 to start meeting green car quotas: The country has vowed to cap carbon emissions by 2030 and curb worsening air pollution.