A passenger’s mobile phone caught fire on a Delhi-Indore Jet Airways flight carrying 120 people on Friday, the Hindustan Times reported. The crew immediately put the device in water after fume filled up the cabin.

Delhi resident Arpita Dhal was carrying three handsets in her bag, which was kept under her seat. “It was a mid-air panic. We prayed to god,” her husband Atul Dhal told the Hindustan Times. The phone was a Samsung J7 model.

Atul Dhal said the crew came to help with a fire extinguisher, but it malfunctioned. “I will complain against Jet Airways after I return home,” he said. “This is a question of safety of passengers in flights.”

In a statement, the airline said the device was taken into custody for further investigations. The matter has been referred to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.

“The Jet Airways crew took all necessary precautionary measures as per the prescribed guidelines,” read the statement, according to The Times of India. “There was no injury to guests or crew or damage to any part of the cabin. The aircraft landing was safe and uneventful.”