A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- There is no proposal to withdraw cheque books from banking system, clarifies Finance Ministry: Although the government may be committed to making India a cashless economy, ‘cheques are an integral part of the payments landscape’, it said.
- Tata Motors ties up with Coimbatore’s Jayem Automotives to launch electric car Neo: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will reportedly launch the Neo as part of the Ola Cabs fleet in Hyderabad on November 28.
- Centre sets minimum export price for onion as prices surge to highest in two years: The cap on export prices will boost domestic supplies and discourage cheap export, the government said.
- Sensex closes 91 points up, Nifty at 10,389: Shares ended higher for a seventh straight session, while bonds dipped on market talk of a potential sovereign ratings upgrade by Standard & Poor’s.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad says the right to access the internet is non-negotiable: India does not believe in exclusivity, the IT minister said, even as reports said the United States was planning to repeal net neutrality rules.
- BSE to auction investment limits for Rs 3,930 crore government bonds: Foreign investors are invited to take part in the bidding, which is scheduled for 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm on Monday.
- Havmor sells its ice cream business to South Korea’s Lotte Confectionery for Rs 1,020 crore: The Ahmedebad-based ice cream giant will continue to operate its chain of restaurants across Gujarat.