The Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) has released results for the Senior Secondary Certificate (SSC) or Class 10 board exam and overall 59.47% of students who took the exam managed to pass. The board has also announced the merit list for the Punjab Class 10 exam, and girls have done better than boys. Students can now check their individual marks at the PSEB official website, pseb.ac.in, or via direct link, by clicking here.
Out of 3.68 lakh students who appeared for the PSEB SSC exam, 2.19 lakh students cleared it. Girls managed to register a pass percentage of 69.13%, while the pass percentage for boys was just 52.13% – almost half of the boys who appeared for the exam failed to clear it.
Merit rankers in 2018 PSEB Class 10 exam
- Gurpreet Singh from Shri Harikrishan Sahib Senior Secondary School in Ludhiana bagged the first rank with an overall percentage of 98%.
- Jasmeen Kaur of Shishu Model High School in Kapurthala with 97.85% managed to grab second rank.
- Puneet Kaur of Guru Nanak Public Senior Secondary School in Fatehgarh Sahib with 97.69% secured third spot.
Among the districts, Mansa district topped in pass percentage with 73.76% while Sri Muktsar Sahib took second spot with a pass percentage of 72.39%.
The result is an improvement from last year when around only 57.50% of the 3.3 lakh students who took the PSEB class 10 exam managed to clear the board exam.
How to check PSEB 10th exam result 2018
- Log on to the official PSEB website, by clicking here.
- Click on the ‘Results’ tab on the top panel.
- Click on the link for the PSEB 10th (Matriculation) result.
- Enter your roll number or name in the required box and click on the ‘Find Results’ button alongside.
- Your PSEB Class 10 marks will be displayed.
Students can also get their PSEB Class 10 results on their mobile phones. For this, Punjab Class 10 students have to send an SMS message to 5676750 with the message text “PB10” space, followed by their roll number.