Defence Industrial Corridor launched in Aligarh, UP
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched a the defence industrial corridor in Aligarh.
- The move is part of the government’s efforts to develop specialised zones dedicated to defence production in the state.
- Six nodal points, Agra, Aligarh, Lucknow, Kanpur, Chitrakoot and Jhansi have been identified in state for the corridor.
- Earlier this year another defence corridor was launched in Tamil Nadu.
Rajendra Menon sworn in as Chief Justice of Delhi HC
- Justice Rajendra Menon has taken the oath as the new Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
- Justice Menon was sworn in by Lt Governor Anil Baijal.
- Justice Menon has earlier been Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
- He has succeeded Justice Gita Mittal, who was elevated to head the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
Axis Bank introduces iris authentication for aadhaar-based transactions
- Axis bank has become the first bank in the country to introduce Iris Scan Authentication feature for Aadhaar -based transactions through its micro ATM tablets.
- The project is being run as a pilot (or test run) in 8 branches of rural Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh.
- Iris scan technology will offer enhanced biometric success rate and better performance speed over currently used methods.
Bajaj Allianz, Vijaya Bank enter into ‘Bancassurance’ deal
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has entered into a bancassurance deal with Vijaya Bank.
- This will enable distribution of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance products through the bank’s network of 2,129 branches across the country.
- Under the tie-up, Bajaj Allianz will offer personal insurance products such as health, personal accident, home, motor and travel, as well as a commercial line of insurance products.
More on Current Affairs
To stay up to date with current affairs and to test your general knowledge, check out our latest Current Affairs quiz.