The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) released the notification for vacancies of 4,102 bank probationary officer positions on August 9th, the registration for which has now begun on its official website, ibps.in. As per the IBPS PO notification, 20 banks are participating in the IBPS PO recruitment process, and the last date to apply is September 4th.
Candidates need to be above 20 years old and below 30 years with relaxation in the maximum age limit for candidates from reserved categories. Candidates must also possess a graduation degree in any stream.
There are three rounds of recruitment phases with the first phase being a preliminary exam scheduled to be conducted on October 13th and 14th and October 20th and 21st. The phase 2 or the written exam is scheduled for November 18th. The third phase will be an interview round.
In the preliminary exam, candidates will have to attempt 100 objective-type questions and can score a maximum of 100 marks. The exam will test candidate’s proficiency in English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability. Total duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
The Main exam will have 155 objective-type questions for 200 marks for 3-hour duration. Candidates will also have to write an essay and a letter in English in 30 minutes which will be of 25 marks. There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for objective-type questions for both the preliminary and the main exam for each wrong answer.
Here is how to apply for IBPS 2018 recruitment
- Log on to the official website to register for the exam.
- Click on the link and click on ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- After filling in the basic details, candidates would need to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature, and left thumb impression.
- Pay the requisite registration fee (Rs. 600 for general candidates and Rs. 100 for candidates from reserved categories).
- Click on final submit button.
- The final submitted document and the e-receipt can be printed out for future reference.
Detailed information regarding the IBPS advertisement including the eligibility, exam pattern, important dates, and more details on how one can apply can be accessed on the notification which is available at this link.