Registration for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) 2019 first attempt is underway and the last day to apply for the JEE Main is Sunday, September 30th. All candidates who want to apply for the same but have not done so yet can register at jeemain.nic.in on or before Sunday.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over from the CBSE and will be conducting the proceedings of the exam. The NTA will be conducting the JEE Main exam twice a year and candidates will have the option of sitting for both the exams, with their best score taken into account for admissions.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
Here are all the important dates for JEE (Main) 2019 First Attempt
|Last Date for Application||September 30th, 2018|
|Last Date to Pay the Application Fee||October 1st, 2018|
|Date of Examination||January 6th to January 20th|
|Date of Result||January 31st|
Apart from the change of conducting the exam twice a year, NTA will also be conducting the exam in multiple sittings instead of one. Candidates are allowed to choose the date and shift that they would prefer to appear at the time of the registration.
The JEE Main first attempt exam will start on January 6th and will go on till January 20th. The exam will be conducted in two shifts – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The exact date of the JEE Main examination, city and centre information will be released around November 15th on NTA’s website.
Here’s how to register for JEE (Main) 2019 First Attempt
- Log on to the NTA’s JEE Main 2019’s official website.
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form’ button on the home page.
- Click on ‘Apply for JEE (Main) - 2019’ button.
- Read the instruction and click on the disclaimer and click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’.
- Fill in the basic information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Log in with the credentials that will get generated and fill in remaining details.
- Upload all the relevant documents and photographs and pay the application fees.
- The NTA instructs to take at least four printouts of the final application form after submission.
Candidates must have cleared the 12th exam with at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST candidates) or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination conducted by the respective Boards to be eligible to participate in the JEE Main exam 2019.
JEE Main exam is conducted for admissions to engineering colleges like IITs, NITs, and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board. Candidates who clear the JEE Mains need to appear for the JEE Advanced for admissions to IIT colleges.