Current affairs wrap of the day: April 5th, 2019
Get all the big national and international news and stay up to date with Current Affairs and General Knowledge to prepare for competitive exams.
Support our journalism by subscribing to Scroll+
We welcome your comments at
Jet Airways lenders to invite bids for stake sale
- The process of invitation of bid is scheduled to begin from April 6th.
- All the entities must submit their bid by April 9th according to the statement issued by the lenders.
- Earlier in March the founder and Naresh Goyal and his wife resigned from the board of the debt-ridden company.
Rahul Gandhi files nomination from Wayanad, Kerala
- Rahul Gandhi was accompanied by Priyanka Gandhi while filing the nomination.
- He then started his campaign for the Lok Sabha seat with a road show.
- He is also contesting the Lok Sabha election from Amethi seat in Uttar Pradesh.
Brexit deadline extension gets approval of parliament
- The proposal to extend Brexit deadline was extended by a margin of one vote, 313 versus 313.
- Earlier, PM May had met opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn from Labour Party to break the deadline on the matter.
- The deadline was earlier extended from March 29th to April 12th. The quantum of extension after April 12th will be decided by the Parliament.
Narendra Modi biopic misses release date
- The producer of the film confirmed that the film will not be released on April 5th.
- The movie has not received an censor certificate which is one of the main reasons for the delay.
- The movie which will cover the life of Modi from childhood to 2014 will now be releasing on April 12th.