Current affairs wrap of the day: June 27th, 2019
Get all the big national and international news and stay up to date with Current Affairs and General Knowledge to prepare for competitive exams.
Support our journalism by subscribing to Scroll+
We welcome your comments at
Trump requests India to roll back tariffs imposed on US goods
- India earlier had imposed tariffs on 28 products from US after US had withdrew trade privileges for India.
- PM Modi and President Trump are scheduled to meet on Friday on the sidelines of G20 Summit which is underway in Osaka, Japan.
- President Trump called the tariffs unacceptable and must be withdrawn.
Madhya Pradesh cabinent approves measures to check on cow vigilantism
- The cabinet cleared an amendment to the anti-cow slaughter law in a bid to curb cow vigilantism.
- Chief Minister Kamal Nath approved a proposal to jail cow vigilantes guilty of violence for six months to three years, and impose a fine of Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000.
- Supreme Court had earlier ordered states to act tough on cow vigilantism.
- In May three people were attacked in Seoni district in the state by cow vigilantes and police arrested one person related to the incident.
Bihar encephalitis toll goes up to 154
- A total number 23 districts in the state have been affected by Acute Encephalitis Syndrome.
- The total number of cases registered in the state of the syndrome has reached a figure of 729.
- The health department attributed the cause of death in around 120 cases to hypoglycemia, one of the many pathological conditions that fall under acute encephalitis syndrome