More than a month after music star Prince died in Minnesota, an autopsy report has said his death was caused by an accidental overdose of a powerful opioid, The Guardian said. The medical report said, “The decedent self-administered fentanyl," which is a powerful opioid used to treat severe pain. The death was accidental, the report added.

Prince was found dead in his home on April 21, days after his private jet had made an emergency landing because he was unwell. Some reports suggested that his flight was forced to land because of a drug overdose. Investigators found Prince had been struggling with an addiction problem before he died.

The report did not add if fentanyl had been prescribed to the singer, and no other details were made public besides the cause of death.