2. CBI forms team to investigate Vijay Mallya loan defaults and AgustaWestland chopper scam: The Special Investigation Team was set up to exclusively investigate high-profile cases, beginning with these multi-crore scandals.
3. Maneka Gandhi says Environment Ministry has a ‘lust for killing animals’: The Union minister said the ministry was writing letters to every state, allowing elephants, wild boar and monkeys to be slaughtered.
4. Present generation wants to watch something mature: Bombay High Court on ‘Udta Punjab’ controversy: The court questioned the list of cuts the censor board has demanded in the movie and said there ‘should not be hue and cry over this’.
5. Delhi-born Akhil Sharma wins Dublin International literary prize worth €100,000: The Indian-American author beat 159 others to win the biggest literary award for his autobiographical novel Family Life.
6. Two suicide bombings kill at least 27, wound dozens in and near Iraqi capital Baghdad: The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks, one of which took place in a commercial Shiite area in the city and the other at an army checkpoint.
7. India produces 80% of drugs used to fight AIDS, JP Nadda tells UN: The health minister was addressing a General Assembly meeting on HIV/AIDS.
8. BCCI includes six new Test cricket venues in India’s 2016-’17 season: Rajkot, Visakhapatnam, Pune, Dharamsala, Ranchi and Indore will be hosting Test matches for the first time.
9. Anju Bobby George accuses Kerala Sports Minister EP Jayarajan of harassing and threatening her: The former Indian athlete, who heads the Kerala Sports Council, said that the politician accused her and other members of supporting an opposition party.
10. Account details of 33 million Twitter users reportedly put up for sale online: An account belonging to the microblogging site’s co-founder, Evan Williams, was also allegedly compromised.