A look at the biggest stories right now:
1. CBI arrest Sanatan Sanstha member in connection with rationalist Narendra Dabholkar’s murder: Virendra Tawde, the prime suspect, was nabbed in Navi Mumbai late on Friday.
2. Polls for twenty-seven Rajya Sabha seats across seven states will be held today: Thirty seats have been decided without a contest.
3. Kidney racket kingpin says they organised 20 illegal surgeries at Apollo Hospital in the last 18 months: T Rajkumar Rao was sent to police custody for four days on Thursday after reaching Delhi.
4. Indian woman abducted in Kabul, Centre trying to secure her release: The woman was identified as Judith D'Souza, a resident of Kolkata, who was working with an NGO in the Afghanistan city.
5. Industrial output drops for month of April, according to IIP data released: According to the numbers, factory output in the country shrank by 0.8%, after a 2% jump in March.
6. Two die in accident on board INS Vikramaditya: Four people repairing the sewage treatment unit reportedly inhaled toxic fumes.
7. Centre asks panel to shortlist RBI Governor candidates: The selection committee will be headed by Cabinet Secretary PK Sinha.
8. Counter-terrorism officers were in Pakistan during 26/11 attacks, says former MHA officer: RVS Mani alleged that decisions were delayed during the attack because top officials were in Pakistan.9. ‘Adult with Caution’ rating for films with excessive mature content, suggests Shyam Bengal-led panel: The committee set up to revamp the censor board has submitted an interim report with recommendations to the Centre.
10. WhatsApp will now let users quote messages: The update has been introduced for Android beta testers for now but will soon be available to Android and iOS users.