The big news: BJP wins 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Rajasthan, SP gets 7 in UP, and nine other top stories
The ED has attached property worth Rs 1,411 crore belonging to Vijay Mallya, and the Indian cricket team won the first ODi against Zimbabwe.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Rajya Sabha polls: All SP candidates win in Uttar Pradesh, BJP takes all four seats in Rajasthan: Legislators in Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Haryana voted today.
- ED attaches properties worth Rs 1,411 crore belonging to Vijay Mallya: The Enforcement Directorate said the action related to a case involving IDBI bank and the transfer of funds to Kingfisher Airlines.
- India defeat Zimbabwe by nine wickets in first ODI: Zimbabwe were bowled out for 168 in 49.5 overs. India chased it down with more than seven overs left.
- Punjab government won’t ban Udta Punjab, but AAP is trying to use it to defame the state: Akali Dal: SAD leaders said the Aam Aadmi Party had links with the filmmakers as Sameer Nair, the CEO of co-producers Balaji Telefilms, was once a member of the party.
- Shivraj Patil rejects allegations that Home Ministry delayed help for Maharashtra on 26/11: The former Home Minister says he, along with NSG commandos, flew to Mumbai within three hours of the terror strike.
- Principal of VR college, the main accused in the case, arrested in Bihar cheating row: Bachcha Rai, who had been absconding for four days, surrendered before the police.
- Twin blasts kill 8 people near Damascus, Syria: More than 13 are critically injured in the explosions near the Shiite shrine.
- Yahoo to shut down 18-year-old messenger app from August: The redesigned version, with features such as instant photo sharing, will compete with apps like WhatsApp and Gtalk.
- Rohan Bopanna will partner Leander Paes and Sania Mirza at the Rio Olympics, says AITA: Prarthana Thombare will team up with Mirza in the women's doubles category.
- Aviation Ministry announces series of passenger-friendly measures, including new refund rules: Excess baggage will not be charged more than Rs 100 per kg, upto five kg beyond the limit, while refunds will be applicable on all fares now.