A look at the headlines right now:
1. Court rejects claim of larger conspiracy behind the 2002 Godhra riots, during Gulberg society massacre case hearing: It concluded that former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, who was killed in the incident, had instigated the mob by opening fire on them first.
2. BJP’s fact-finding team submits report on Kairana row to Uttar Pradesh governor, demands CBI inquiry: The team met nearly 200 people in the town and in its report, included details of those who allegedly continue to be extorted and others who migrated.
3. India settle for silver in Hockey Champion’s Trophy after losing controversial penalty shootout against Australia: The contested the referee’s decision to ask Australia’s Daniel Beale to retake his penalty after it was stopped by goalkeeper PR Sreejesh.
4. Indian Air Force commissions its first batch of women fighter pilots: Bhawana Kath, Avani Chatuvedi and Mohana Singh will now train for six months on an advanced fighter jet and be assigned fighters and their squadrons.
5. Mamata Banerjee orders investigation into Narada News sting operation that implicated TMC leaders: A team of Kolkata police will look into the matter, which the West Bengal chief minister maintains was a conspiracy to harm her party before the state polls.
6. Diplomats to hold LGBT pride events in Delhi, reaffirm support for the community: The joint statement from 28 foreign missions comes in the wake of the horrific massacre of 49 people at an LGBT nightclub in Orlando, Florida, on June 12.
7. Britain will support India’s membership to NSG, David Cameron assures Narendra Modi: The two prime ministers agreed over a phone call that it is vital for India ‘to continue to strengthen its non-proliferation credentials’, a spokesperson said.
8. Iraqi forces successfully enter Fallujah, which the Islamic State had taken over in 2014: The troops made major gains and faced little resistance from the militant group, though thousands of citizens were forced to flee for their lives.
9. Second recording device of EgyptAir flight MS804 recovered: The flight data recorder has information about the altitude, speed and direction of the aircraft before it crashed.
10. Man arrested for British lawmaker Jo Cox's murder had neo-Nazi ties, say reports: Police have not ascertained accused Thomas Mair's motive behind the MP's killing, but he allegedly has connections with US neo-Nazi body, the National Alliance.