The National Commission for Women on Thursday issued a fresh notice to Bollywood actor Salman Khan in connection with his rape remark that sparked a controversy last week, reported ANI. Khan has been asked to appear before the panel on July 8.
NCW Chairperson L Kumaramangalam said, "Salman's letter is not at all conciliatory, there's not even a hint of an apology. In fact he [Salman] tried to find fault with NCW for taking up this issue." On Wednesday, Khan had sent a reply to the NCW's first notice on the matter after activists and politicians strongly condemned his comments. On June 20, Khan had claimed he “felt like a raped woman” during a tough film shoot, a comment that was criticised for trivialising the experiences of sexual assault survivors.
Kumaramangalam had not revealed the details of the letter, but had said that they are studying it. The Maharashtra State Women’s Commission has also issued a summons to the actor, asking for a response on his comment.
Khan has not made a public statement on the row that erupted after his remarks. His father, Salim Khan said, "Undoubtedly what Salman said is wrong, the simili, example and the context. The intention was not wrong."