A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Facebook tops $2 billion in quarterly profit, posts 5.4% hike in shares: The company posted an 80% rise in revenue from mobile ads in the second quarter of the financial year.
- Arun Jaitley meets leaders of SP, TMC, Left parties to push GST Bill: The Bill seeks to introduce a system of uniform taxation across the country and has been pending for a long time.
- Government extends indefinitely the July 31 deadline for public servants to declare their assets: The Centre brought officebearers in NGOs that get more than Rs 1 crore government aid and more than Rs 10 lakh in foreign donations under Lokpal Act's purview.
- Government trusts Gautam Adani with countering China-Pakistan's Gwadar port project: The Centre will grant the billionaire a Rs-16 billion loan to help the new port at Vizhinjam win business from established hubs across Asia.
- Snapdeal integrates Uber into its app: With the new update, one can book cabs, flights, order food and pay bills directly through the platform.
- Pinewood Studios, where Harry Potter and James Bond films were shot, may be sold for £323 million: Pinewood Group announced that it had reached an agreement with a subsidiary of PW Real Estate Fund on 'key terms of a possible cash offer'.
- 403 road projects worth Rs 3.85 lakh crore pending, says Nitin Gadkari: The Road Transport and Highways Minister said work orders for these projects were issued before encroachments were removed or forest and environment clearance given.