A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Flexi fare: Railways' surge pricing system comes into effect, to run on trial for three months: The new rates will apply to only 81 of the 12,000 passenger trains that operate every day, a railway board member said.
- Vijay Mallya says he wants to return to India but cannot because his passport was revoked: The businessman reportedly moved an application in Delhi's Patiala House Court, seeking a reversal of the External Affairs Ministry's decision.
- Learning startup Byju’s raises $50 million from Mark Zuckerberg’s Chan Zuckerberg Initiative: The investment is the first Asian one for the Priscilla Chan-Mark Zuckerberg philanthropic foundation, which has nominated a representative to Byju’s board.
- Yes Bank shares fall 12.5% in three days: Investors in the company's stock lost Rs7,400 crore as a result.
- Patanjali Ayurved gets 40 acres from Madhya Pradesh government for food processing unit: The company has been asked to deposit Rs 10 crore and will reportedly invest Rs 500 crore in the unit over the next three years.
- Hindustan Petroleum sets refining capacity target of 60 million tonnes 2030: Officials from the country's third-largest crude oil refiner said its expansion plans will help meet India's rising fuel demands.
- Sensex closes almost 1% lower after reports of North Korea's alleged nuclear tests emerged: Investors were also cautious as the release of July's Index of Industrial Production data was due on Friday.