A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance IPO opens for bidding today, Rs 6,057 crore shares on offer: Of the 18.13 crore equity shares that are up for public offer, 10% is reserved for shareholders of ICICI Bank, who hold 68% stake in the company.
- Sensex, Nifty gain for fourth straight day as investors wait for central bank meetings in US, Japan: The Bombay Stock Exchange ended at 28,634 and the National Stock Exchange closed trading 0.33% higher at 8,808.
- Swiggy raises $15 million from Bessemer Venture Partners and others in fourth round of funding: Company officials said the money will be used to upgrade the technology, rope in more restaurants and improve their delivery system.
- Florida resident sues Samsung after Galaxy Note7 handset allegedly explodes in his pocket: The lawsuit, which has demanded $15,000 in damages, says Jonathan Strobel suffered “deep second-degree burns” because of the incident.
- Google, Yahoo and Bing introduce an auto block system to filter out sex determination content online: The companies have identified keywords to add to the programme so no information shows up when people run a search for them.
- Suresh Subramanian appointed as senior vice-president for Biocon’s branded formulations in India: The division focuses on areas diabetes and autoimmune condition research. Subramanian has earlier worked with pharmaceutical companies such as GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis.
- CBDT begins sending mobile messages to assessees for Income Declaration Scheme, assures full confidentiality: The tax board’s move comes just 11 days before its compliance window under the Scheme closes.