A look at the headlines right now:
- Volkswagen to begin emissions recall in India with older Skoda Superb model: The vehicle was fitted with the same 2.0-litre EA 189 diesel engine that is directly linked with the illegal software in the German automaker's cars.
- Cabinet advances Union Budget by a month, merges railway and annual budgets from next year: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the actual date of presenting the Budget will be decided after taking into consideration Assembly election dates.
- Moody's unlikely to change India's sovereign rating for a year or two: The agency said it needs ‘more evidence’ of fiscal consolidation and reforms.
- Online furniture marketplace Pepperfry secures Rs 210 crore from existing investors: The company recorded sales worth Rs 1,000 crore in March 2016.
- Financial Technology founder Jignesh Shah arrested in MCX licence renewal case: The CBI raided nine locations, including the promoter's home and offices of FTIL and four senior officials of Sebi, and registered a case against them.
- Google launches 'smart messaging app' Allo to compete with WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger: It is enabled with a preview version of Google Assistant, the company’s attempt at chat-bot technology, which is supposed to intuitively gauge the user's needs.
- Flipkart becomes first Indian e-commerce platform to reach 100 million users: The company says the number represents 63% of broadband internet users in the country.