A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Global trade to grow by 1.7% in 2016, slowest since 2009 financial crisis: World Trade Organisation: The fall led by slowing GDP and trade growth in countries such as Brazil and China should 'serve as a wake-up call', the global body said.
- Google aims to take public Wi-Fi beyond railway stations in India with two new projects: The technology giant announced Google Station and Youtube Go on its 18th anniversary.
- Paytm buys education technology startup Edukart: The founder of the company, Ishan Gupta, and his 50-member team were 'acqui-hired' by the online payment and shopping site.
- Centre sends showcause notice to 21 e-commerce firms for selling used phones, electronic equipment: The Union Environment Ministry has asked these companies like Amazon India, Snapdeal to respond within 15 days, failing which strict action will be taken.
- Sensex, Nifty fall for third straight day, banking sector prominent loser: Capital goods stocks were the worst affected in trading.
- Windows 10 runs on 400 million devices, says Microsoft: This brings the tech giant closer to its target of operating on 1 billion active devices by the 2018 financial year.
- Ola reduces share cab fares by up to 45%: The taxi aggregator has also extended the share service to three more cities – Ahmedabad, Chandigarh and Jaipur.