The 15-year-old rape survivor, who had accused suspended Rashtriya Janata Dal MLA Raj Ballabh Yadav of sexually assaulting, on Wednesday expressed fear for her life, as the Patna High Court had released him on bail on September 30. She reportedly sent messages to journalists, hoping to reach out to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Her message said, "He [Yadav] is out of jail...I am scared and afraid for my family. What will happen to them? I am already dead after what happened to me. I have nothing more to lose," according to NDTV.

The Nalanda resident also believes that Yadav can "kill me and my family any time". "Even the police are afraid of him," she said. Nalanda Superintendent of Police Kumar Ashish said, "Additional security forces has been deployed to protect the victim and her family after Yadav's release," according to Hindustan Times.

Moreover, the Bihar government on Monday moved the Supreme Court, challenging the high court order granting Yadav bail, The Times of India reported. Supreme Court justices AR Dave and L Nageswara Rao agreed to list the state government's plea for a hearing on Friday, October 7. The petition comes days after the Bihar government appealed to the apex court challenging former RJD MP Mohammad Shahbuddin's bail application.

The 15-year-old girl had told the police that Yadav had raped her in his house on February 6, after she was taken there by her neighbour and two other women. The Nawada MLA had been absconding for a month after the girl's father had filed a case on February 9. He had surrendered at the Bihar Sharif court on March 10. The rape survivor appeared for her Class 10 board examinations after the incident and cleared the tests.

The RJD had suspended Yadav from the party on February 14, while the police had seized his property. On February 20, a Bihar court had denied Yadav's anticipatory bail in the case, and 13 of his bank accounts had also been frozen.

The RJD is an alliance partner of the Janata Dal(United) coalition in the state. Opposition leaders had accused the Nitish Kumar government of facilitating the release of both Yadav and Shahbuddin.