A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Sensex plummets to 27,643 after reports that US Federal Reserve might hike interest rates: The Nifty also dropped by 135 points and was trading much below the 8,650-mark on Thursday.
- Retail inflation drops to 4.31% in September following RBI rate cut: The Consumer Price Index was expected to fall since prospects of a bumper agricultural harvest had risen after a good monsoon.
- Cabinet approves revision of ethanol-pricing for petrol-blending: Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the price of sugar and demand-supply scenario will be a determining factor.
- Urjit Patel asks Brics nations to turn into attractive investment destinations to bolster their economy: The new RBI governor warned the countries of the economic impacts of the political events around the globe.
- TCS announces net profit of Rs 6,586 crore in second quarter: The company performed much better that what analysts had expected.
- India, Russia sign deal to set up 25 irradiation centers to treat perishable food items: These will increase the life span and cut post-harvest losses.
- Google, Facebook are building a 12,800-km undersea internet cable network between LA and Hong Kong: The two tech giants claim it will produce the highest internet speeds in the Asia Pacific region.