A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Tata Steel’s Canadian arm announces Rs 875-crore mining partnership with Quebec government: The company said the investment showed the regional administration’s ‘co-operation in supporting sustainable development’.
- Gold prices drop despite lakhs celebrating Dhanteras today: While weak global cues led to the decline in the cost of the precious metal, it saw a rise of Rs 4,360 (16.6%) from that during the festival last year.
- Amazon acquires Westland publishers: The e-commerce major said the move will allow authors signed by the company 'to grow their physical and digital book businesses'.
- Twitter is shutting down the Vine app as growth slows and lay-offs mount: The video service said users' content would not be deleted and that they could still download it or access it through the website.
- Royal Enfield to invest Rs 600 crore in its two-wheeler business next financial year: the flagship company of Eicher Motors will set up its third plant in Vallam Vadagal near Chennai.
- Grasim Industries posts 50% rise in Q2: The company said their net profit shot up after better operational performance.
- Sensex and Nifty make marginal gains on second consecutive day: The Bombay Stock Exchange saw as many as 1,557 shares rise and 1,088 drop.