A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- India’s wholesale inflation falls to four-month low of 3.39% in October: The drop was attributed to the dip in food prices, even though rates of pulses and potatoes rose slightly.
- Sensex falls by 514 points, Nifty closes 188 points lower: The Indian rupee weakened at 67.69 against the dollar.
- Improving women’s participation in the workforce will boost India’s income by 27%, says IMF chief: Christine Lagarde emphasised on the key role governments can play by implementing initiatives to ensure women get a fair chance in the labour market.
- Cyrus Mistry backed by independent directors of Tata Motors: They stopped short of endorsing him, but said the ousted chairman had executed decisions made unanimously by the board.
- Indelible ink to be used on those exchanging demonetised cash at banks, says economic secretary: Shaktikanta Das said the process would start in major cities today, to deter those trying to convert black money and visiting banks multiple times.
- Supreme Court refuses to stay Centre’s decision to demonetise Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes: The top court asked the government for details on steps taken to ease the inconvenience the move has caused.
- WhatsApp launches video calling service for iOS, Android and Windows users: The company said the call quality might vary depending on the connection.