The big news: Three soldiers killed in militant attack on Army unit in Nagrota, and 9 other stories
Other headlines: PM Modi asked BJP lawmakers to provide transaction details by December 31, and at least 25 people were killed in a plane crash in Colombia.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Three soldiers dead after militant attack on Army unit in Jammu and Kashmir’s Nagrota: Two attackers are believed to be hiding in the area, which serves as the headquarters for the 16 Corps.
- Submit details of your transactions between November 8 and December 31, Modi tells BJP legislators: The prime minister was addressing the party’s parliamentary board on Tuesday.
- Plane carrying 81, including a Brazilian football team, crashes in Colombia, at least 25 dead: The Colombian Air Force, local fire department and police teams have reached the crash site in the La Union municipality.
- Indian Army says it has evidence of Pakistan’s hand in mutilating a soldier’s body in Machhil: The forces had vowed ‘heavy retribution’ for the death of the jawan, who was allegedly beheaded by a Border Action Team.
- Two aides of Nabha mastermind arrested in Dehradun, police say they helped plan jailbreak: Two other accomplices of Palwinder Singh Pinda managed to escape, officers said.
- Reliance Jio alleges cartel-like behaviour by Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, moves Competition Commission: The body said it would pass a ruling if its director-general of investigation found any evidence to support the Mukesh Ambani-owned network’s claims.
- Somalian student identified as Ohio State University attacker: Eleven people were injured after Abdul Razak Ali Artan drove a car into a large group and began stabbing some of them with a butcher’s knife.
- Khurram Parvez is still in jail despite court’s release order because of a ‘minor clerical error’: The human rights activist’s date of detention was wrongly mentioned as September 19 instead of September 21 by the jail authorities.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye agrees to step down, asks Parliament to plan transition: The Opposition accused her of trying to circumvent impeachment proceedings.
- Three postal workers in Hyderabad booked by CBI for illicit exchange of old notes worth Rs 36 lakh: They allegedly replaced Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes with Rs 2,000 notes without carrying out the proper documentation.