A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Cyrus Mistry skips TCS meeting, after asking shareholders to ‘vote with their conscience’: Independent director Aman Mehta conducted the meeting as interim TCS chief Ishaat Hussain recused himself from chairing it.
- Demonetisation worse than a natural calamity, has caused great distress to Indians, says P Chidambaram: Arun Jaitley, however, said the currency ban will help banks boost the economy with low-cost lending.
- Reliance Jio ties up with Niantic to launch Pokémon GO in India: Users can download the app from Wednesday and play the augmented reality game without any data charges till March 31, 2017.
- Tata Sons’ claims that I worked jointly with Cyrus Mistry are false and baseless, says Nusli Wadia: The industrialist, in a letter, urged the group’s shareholders to decide whether they should condone the ‘coercive tactics’ of Ratan Tata.
- Sensex ends 183 points up, Nifty crosses 8,200 mark on positive cues from oil and auto trade: Investors are anxious about the results of the US Federal Reserve meeting, which concludes on Wednesday, expecting a spillover effect on other markets.
- Asian Development Bank slashes India’s growth prediction for this year to 7%: In its report, the bank said demonetisation, poor investment and an agricultural slump have contributed to this drop.
- Two Indians feature in the Forbes list of America’s Richest Entrepreneurs under 40: Biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy booked the 24th spot with a net worth of $600 million, and Apoorva Mehta’s Instacart app earned him the 31st rank.