A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- RBI asks banks to issue 40% of currency to cash-strapped rural areas: The notes being sent right now are not proportionate to the amount required, the central bank said.
- Sebi approves BSE’s initial public offering proposal: The IPO of Asia’s oldest stock exchange is likely to generate a sale of 29,955,434 shares via the offer-for-sale option.
- Customers can eat elsewhere if they don’t want to pay service charge, says restaurants’ body: Information on the levy should be provided clearly so patrons can use their discretion and go elsewhere, the NRAI’s statement said.
- Budget Session likely to begin from January 31: The Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs is believed to have decided the dates at a meeting chaired by Rajnath Singh.
- Digital payments app ‘Bhim’ has crossed 3 million downloads, 5 lakh transactions, says Niti Aayog CEO: The UPI-based payment system will be made available for iPhones in ten days, said Amitabh Kant.
- Raipur farmers give away 1 lakh kilos of vegetables for free in protest against demonetisation: The Kisan Sangh demanded that the government waive the interest on their farm loans for the current season.
- Aircel network recorded the highest call drop rates between July-September 2016, says Trai data: The telecom regulator said the operator breached the benchmark during normal and heavy traffic hours.