A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- India’s wholesale price inflation rises to 5.25% on the back of higher fuel rates: Fuel inflation went up by 18.14% in January from 8.65% in December because of a markup in petrol and diesel prices.
- Iconic Nokia 3310 set to make a comeback on February 26: Three other Nokia Android phones will also be launched at the Mobile World Congress 2017.
- Facebook is testing a chat window-like feature for posts from friends on its desktop website: The pop-up window was being developed based on feedback that users wanted an easier way to ‘participate in conversations’, a spokesperson said.
- GVK shares soar after winning Navi Mumbai airport contract: The company’s stocks rose 17% to touch a 52-week high of Rs 7.70 during intra-day trading.
- Retail inflation at 3.17% in January, lowest in five years: A drop in vegetable prices (15.62%) and pulses (6.62%) led to the ease in inflation.
- Zoom Air, India’s newest airline, will start operations on February 15: The company will also introduce a ratio of 1:1 female pilots on board its flights.
- Google Maps now lets you list and share your favourite places: The new feature will work on the app offline as well if you have the region downloaded for offline use.