A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Nifty closes at an all-time high, Sensex also soars after BJP wins Uttar Pradesh elections: The Sensex surged 496.4 points to end the day at 29,442.63.
- India’s wholesale inflation rises to 6.5% in February, highest since November 2013: The surge in the index is on the back of higher prices of fuel, minerals and food prices.
- No restrictions on cash withdrawal from banks and ATMs: Till March 12, the weekly withdrawal limit for savings accounts was fixed at Rs 50,000.
- Airtel scraps national roaming charges to combat Reliance Jio’s offers: The company also introduced various attractive plans for international roaming.
- Amazon emerges top recruiter at IIM-A with 18 job offers: Besides the e-commerce giant, McKinsey & Company and Goldman Sachs hired 15 and nine graduates, respectively.
- After Jio and Airtel, Idea Cellular announces free incoming roaming calls: The telecom operator also introduced unlimited incoming calls and 400 minutes of outgoing calls for those travelling abroad.
- Facebook tweaks policies to stop developers from using its data for surveillance tools: They will now have to disclose what they plan to do with the information they receive from the social media platform.