A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Sensex closes 26 points shy of 30,000 mark, Nifty hits another record high: The BSE index hit 30,007 in intraday trade and the NSE index touched a lifetime high of 9,274 on the back of positive Asian cues and inflow of foreign funds.
- Submitting fake rent receipts may no longer work to claim HRA: According to a new tribunal ruling, the Income Tax Department can now seek documents to prove that the taxpayer is a genuine tenant.
- Customers can now book OYO rooms with Ola Money as the two companies tie up: Users will also have the option of booking a cab while making their hotel bookings.
- Smartphones launched exclusively on Amazon will now come bundled with Prime Video, Kindle: This is an effort to regain part of the market share it has lost to Flipkart, experts said.
- All eyes on RBI’s monetary policy committee meeting: The central bank is unlikely to announce any rate cut, said experts.
- Amazon sets up seven warehouses for its appliances and furniture category: The e-commerce giant will hire 1,200 people in these Fulfilment Centres.