A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Strong partnership between India and China important for the world, says IMF: Deputy Managing Director Tao Zhang further added that they are closely following Donald Trump’s economic policies.
- India working on policy to boost domestic manufacturing of defence equipment, says Arun Jaitley: This will help the country become a manufacturing economy, the defence minister added.
- You can now make EPF withdrawals for medical reasons with a self-declaration: Applicants no longer need to submit a doctor’s certificate or proof of an employer’s approval, according to the Labour Ministry’s latest notification.
- We will keep investing in India’s technology and infrastructure sectors, says Jeff Bezos: The Amazon CEO said the aim was to surpass rival Flipkart.
- Delhi HC gives nod for enforcement of $1.17-billion arbitral award between Tata Sons and NTT Docomo: Tata Sons will transfer of the amount to Docomo while the latter will transfer its shares in Tata Teleservices Ltd to Tata Sons.
- Paytm to invest Rs 10,000 crore to boost its banking, financial services: The Noida-based firm will pool in the money over the next three years.