A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- Zomato hacked, data of 17 million users stolen, confirms company: The management assured users that no payment information or credit card data has been leaked.
- Maharashtra now has the country’s most expensive petrol: The state government increased fuel prices for the second time within a month.
- General Motors to stop sales in India by end of the year: The company said it will focus on export manufacturing operations.
- Weak global cues make markets sluggish after reports on call for Trump’s impeachment: The Sensex tumbled 223.98 points to end the day at 30,434.79 while the broader Nifty50 fell closed at 9,429.45.
- Google announces digital assistant for iPhone, job search tool and upgrades for speaker: The artificial intelligence-driven voice-controlled digital assistant is expected to compete with Apple’s Siri.
- The Goods and Services Tax council clears final set of rules for new tax regime: GST is all set to be rolled out from July.
- Delhi tax defaulters, owing more than RS 10 crore, have their names published by the Income Tax department: They were shamed in an advertisement brought out in all national dailies.