A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Reliance Industries’ shares hit 9-year high after Jio announces new tariff plans: The stocks were trading 2% higher at Rs 1,525 per share.
- Hyderabad High Court asks Tech Mahindra to explain why it fired four employees: The petitioners said they had approached the labour commissioner after getting sacked, but he did not take their case seriously. e
- Tech giants like Microsoft are going to help fight disease-carrying mosquitoes, says report: The firms are collaborating with public health officials in the United States to test tools they have developed.
- Ramdev is floating his own private security firm, says HT report: Retired Army and police personnel are training young men and women at Patanjali’s complex in Haridwar.
- Isro develops ship-borne transportable antenna: The final system performance and validation was carried out by a sea trial.
- Vikram Limaye likely to take charge as NSE chief on July 17: Limaye was earlier appointed to a panel, set up by Supreme Court, to administer the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- GST eats into restaurant business, sales down 25%: Hoteliers say the initial trend during the first fortnight is disturbing.