A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- SC bars Jaypee Infratech promoters, directors from selling property without court permission: The company deposited Rs 275 crore in court on Wednesday.
- Sensex, Nifty end trade higher for fifth straight day after auto, realty stocks surge: Adani Ports, HDFC, SBI, Asian Paints and Maruti were the top gainers on the BSE index.
- Uber CEO says company failed to disclose a breach that exposed data of 5.7 crore customers: The hackers downloaded the names and licence numbers of six lakh drivers, Dara Khosrowshahi said.
- Centre forms committee to simplify filing of GST returns: The panel will submit its report by December 15.
- Centre may soon link property transactions to Aadhaar, says minister: Minister of State for Housing Hardeep Puri said the move was meant to curb black money in the real estate sector.
- Railways to go electric in five years, save about Rs 11,500 crore annually, says Piyush Goyal: The diesel locomotives will be used only for back-up purposes in the yards, he said.
- Air India hires SBI Capital Markets to advise it on disinvestment matters, reports PTI: The airline has also constituted five teams to work on the stake sale process.