We welcome your comments at email@example.com.
A look at the headlines right now:
- GDP rises to 7.3% in Q2, but analysts say demonetisation impact will show later: The step to denotify Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes will slow down growth in the coming quarters, experts said.
- Three officers killed as Army helicopter crashes in Sukna, West Bengal: Another junior commissioned officer was also critically injured.
- National anthem must be played in all Indian cinema halls before a movie, orders Supreme Court: The top court added that people should stand for the anthem, and that it be accompanied by the national flag on cinema screens.
- Army rescues 16 people held hostage during Nagrota attack: Three militant attacks on military camps since January raise concerns about security arrangement at military bases.
- BSF says militants used a tunnel to infiltrate into India during Samba attack: DG KK Sharma said they found 517 rounds, a pistol, and an AK-47 rifle among other things.
- Day 10 of Parliament’s Winter Session disrupted by protests despite Narendra Modi’s presence: The Congress staged a walk out after raising the Nagrota attack and questioning why tributes were not paid to soldiers killed on Tuesday.
- Indian man in US pleads guilty for helping Khalistan militants plot attacks: Balwinder Singh faces prison term of up to 15 years for providing material support and resources for attacks in India, including assassination bids.
- Mimicry artist arrested for transferring officials by imitating TN minister’s voice, says report: Savari Muthu from Dindigul has allegedly transferred 29 employees working in the thermal power plant unit in the past few months.
- Human rights activist Khurram Parvez released from Jammu jail: He said his 76-day detention period has strengthened his ‘resolve for peace and justice’.
- Islamic State claims jihadist ‘soldier’ behind Ohio State University attack: The terrorist group said the incident was carried out in response to its ‘calls to target citizens’.